Billabong Zoo, Port Macquarie offers interactive and educational school excursions catering for pre, primary and secondary schools. Students are taken on a fully guided tour of the zoo with an experienced Zoo Keeper. They will learn some amazing facts about our native and exotic wildlife and interact with a number of our animals. Tours can be tailored to meet each school’s individual educational requirements and allow students to be as hands-on with the animals as possible.
TYPICAL TIMETABLE AND CONTENT FOR A SCHOOL EXCURSION
A suggested timetable is as follows:
- 10:00am: Arrival. A Zoo Keeper greets the students and escorts them into the zoo for a short morning tea break inside our large covered gazebo.
- 10:30am: Guided tour commences and includes opportunities to meet and touch a koala, dingo, snake, lizard, young crocodile and to hand feed the kangaroos and wallabies.
- 12:30pm: Feeding and Keeper presentation of our 4.5 mfr saltwater crocodile “Shrek”. Always a great favourite.
- 1:00- 2pm: Lunch break and free time, toilet break.
- 2:00pm: Final goodbye from the Zoo Keeper and students are escorted back to the coach for departure.
Our School Excursions Tours are designed to be both enjoyable and educational. They are certainly memorable and leave a lasting impression students. Please contact us to book or discuss how we can create a tailored tour for your school curriculum and students.